The Hillary Clinton campaign has always been looked upon as pro-establishment, and in this day and age, unfortunately that means that health and the environment are not exactly top priorities.
After all this is a government that ignores millions of petitions (in the case the controversial of GMO salmon for example) and continues to support GMOs, fracking, the overuse of poisonous farm chemicals and much more.
If Hillary Clinton becomes president, it’s important to know that we may be in store for more of the same. Here are five reasons why:
1. Frack City USA – Hillary Clinton and her campaign are not just “pro-fracking” – the U.S. State Department, under her watch, actually helped spearhead the campaign to push the controversial and dangerous “shale industry” around the world, according to a recent leak of documents. Learn more in this important article from Mother Jones.
2. Monsanto Ties Run Deep – As far as pro-Monsanto candidates go, there are perhaps none bigger than Hillary, who once worked for the Rose Law Firm that represented Monsanto. She also actually hired a former Monsanto lobbyist to run her ‘Ready for Hillary’ campaign, and has been an outspoken proponent of GMOs while accepting big money to speak at Biotech events (her husband Bill as well).
3. GMOs for All – Beyond her Monsanto ties, Hillary actually wants to ramp up the GMO experiment to the next level, as this video clip shows (watch it 40 seconds in to see the most frustrating part). Hillary not only wants to push GMOs on unsuspecting consumers without labels, she also believes that they should be “re-branded” so as to trick people into accepting them. So much for our “Right to Know.”
4. Big Pharma on Speed Dial- As more and more Americans work to free themselves from the side effects and huge financial (and health) burdens of prescription drugs, Hillary is doubling down, taking more donations from the pharmaceutical industry than any other candidate to date. For an industry in dire need of more regulation and more safeguards, this could be disastrous if she becomes the next president.
5. Fossil Fuel Fund Exposed- While other countries continue to push for more alternative and renewable energy, America oftentimes appears hopelessly addicted to oil, and in debt to the big companies that supply it. Thus far, Clinton has received a shocking $4.5 million from “lobbyists, bundlers, and large donors connected the fossil fuel industry” according to this report from Greenpeace.
To be fair, Clinton has said that she hopes to use fracking and other big oil related fuel sources as a bridge to cleaner and more sustainable energy. But can we really trust her?
You can be sure that whenever big money like this is involved, whether from Big Oil, Monsanto and the Biotech industry, or the pharmaceutical companies, these companies and industries have a long and proven track record of getting their way.
At the end of the day, “We the People” are the ones who vote with our wallets and provide the leadership and ideas that get things done, and that’s important to remember.
But we also should realize that moving forward with a greener and healthier economy could be that much more difficult under Hillary’s watch.
March Against Monsanto is proud to announce the exclusive opportunity for our supporters to participate in the first-ever Truth About Cancer live symposium. Join us for this extraordinary, live three day event (Oct. 14-16)! MAM supporters will have access to the top health and wellness experts who will be at the best of their best with incredible insight and health knowledge. Do not miss this live-changing opportunity! Sign up NOW by clicking here.